Google

Friday, October 03, 2008

Like roses and clover

So, a long long time ago in a land far away, where and when there was no electricity, there was known a phenomenon, called primo somno or comcubia nocte; for those of us who don't understand Latin, I'll translate, first and second sleep. This would occur at around 4 am, and people would either stay in bed and talk or fool around, or if they were inclined, they would write poetry or maybe do their bills.

I being the Renaissance person I am, have been continuing this tradition. However, in my case, I have to get up early so there is no second sleep just a lack thereof.

Finding a commonalty, in what we as a culture deem insomnia, relieves me greatly. There is no room to fret when I know that contextually what I'm going through is human and universal, not just Abby and her dumb hormones; but It's myself and a good portion of the world; some of who treat yet another normal experience, as a medical condition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home