Google

Thursday, September 18, 2008

but i'm never as tired as when i'm waking up

We had what I might call a "normal" start to a weekday yesterday. The district has some kind of in service a few days during the year, so school starts two hours later than usual, in Gus' case that means he has to be there at 8:46. Yes, that's right every day, we have to get up at 6 in order to send the boy on his way.
I don't know about most people, but I'm not myself that early, and it's apparent to me now that neither is the rest of my family.
Yesterday, we talked, joked had some breakfast and pretty much felt like we should feel most of the time, but don't because for some arbitrary reason, our school system along with many others, are compelled to force people to feel out of whack 180 days a year; and spend the rest of those days, attempting to either make up for it or lament the ones coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home