Google

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Me and my friend were walking

My Father in law is in hospice, and at first things were looking like he would recover, and go home. He is 91 as of last week.
It really is a lovely place with an extremely calming feeling all around, distinctly  different from a hospital or medical facility.
As of this evening, he has taken a turn for the worse.   And, I have to figure out how to talk to my family, his son, and grandsons, and help them through this.
Earlier today, I also was thinking about how over my life time, three of my best friends have died.  Not recently, the last was in the late 90’s, and the other two near the end of college.   I tend to think that’s a pretty big number of friends to have lost. 
Is there an average, I doubt it.  Those, were tragic deaths, the expectation of this bereavement has a more tenable feel.
Ted left home at 14, was in the  Merchant Marine during World War II, and a foundry worker, he moved his family from Wexford Ireland, to work for Ford Motor for over 30 years.  He has lived a long and full life, married for almost seventy years, six children, twenty three grandchildren, and eleven great grand children, and still, the loss, even with all that justification and acceptance, is vast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home