Google

Friday, December 06, 2013

The spirit of the century

Finding a movie that doesn’t promise to be simple,  isn’t easily figured out, and is  also somewhat funny,  inspires me to  share it with the world, or the seven people who sometimes read stuff I write.
The New Worldnot the one  directed by Terrence Malick, this one is a Korean crime drama,  but it’s more than that, it’s got so much going on, very stylistic, intrigue, moral ambiguity, and , it’s one of the best movies I’ve never heard of.
Not to say, that I should have, but, I should have.  This is too good to have slipped under the awards meter, and or” best of” listings.  Korean Directors like Park Chan-Wook and Park Hoon-Jung are making fabulous movies that are under appreciated, as originals, often remade for Western Audiences and are sorely overlooked.  It’s on Netflix, mark my words, it’s explosive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home