Google

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shining down on you

The other day at my place of work, I got a call from a colleague who was working on the first floor where all of the movies and music are housed. He asked me if I could help him and do some "readers advisory" for a new mom who doesn't have much time to read, and when she does would like it to be light and easy because of the constant interruptions.
So, I scurried over to the fiction area and started to think within those guidelines what books might work for her.
I grabbed some chick-lit, a couple of light mysteries, The Da Vinci Code, People of the Book, both of which deal with Christianity the origins of religion and the bible, but not too controversial, just thriller-esque. I gathered them up, went down the stairs, rounded the corner and I am not kidding, I said D'oh.
Standing at Joe's desk was a young Muslim mom. Now, I know there was no way that he could have told me that, and who would have thunk it, but his and my eyes met, and it wasn't love, it was so many things like; shit, sorry, it's okay, wow, boy we should have a code. All of that and then, I handed him the books and ran away before they could look through them cause that is how I roll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home