Google

Saturday, March 22, 2008

You're an office park with no trees

"I will not serve"
Apparently, Satan said this to God when he was having some trouble, or a power struggle if you will.
In my house the struggle is constant, and Eamon and I wonder if it's because of the the lack of religious study, or another sort of constant regarding anything more than school or activities.
My children will not serve, or at least Jake and Jack don't feel the need. Gus will put up an argument, compare his workload to his little brother's and fuss a while, but he'll do the job he's been asked.
I never think work is beneath me, and that is best illustrated with a story of my tenure as a training coordinator for the Orange County Sheriff's department.
The Department had seized this amazing ranch in southern Orange County, there was the requisite drug bunker and much leather furniture, in addition to lots of off road vehicles and just general Scarface-like paraphernalia.
So, when the First Bush, senior that is was going to pay a visit to the county and hand over a big check of probably half of the real sum they found, the powers that be decided to hold the event at the ranch.
For weeks I spoke to secret service agents, coordinated communication and was an all around person to go to.
When the event day finally arrived, there were 5 gallon coffee urns that had to be carried and delivered to the ranch; full of coffee, because there was no way to make it there. So, who got to carry those? Me of course, and then clean them out when it was all over. It may not be illustrated well here, but I've only been above one thing in my life, and that's absolutely nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home