Google

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

These bright lights

I have a friend who has a friend who is very close to death, as in a day or two. The irony of that is that any of us could and can be. When my Grandfather, my Mom's Dad had suffered an aneurysm, he was in the hospital on a death watch. Meanwhile, my Grandmother my Dad's Mom, in great shape, good health and a spitfire, had a massive heart attack and died. That kind of threw me off track for awhile. I was all geared up for one loved one to go and then the Gal who was one of the only people to ever show me any love and adoration ended up being the person we lost.
Death is a wiley thing, it hangs out right there in the background and sometimes makes it's way forward, to make a point, or to do what is just unfortunately in all it's triteness, an action that is a part of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home