Google

Friday, March 07, 2014

I seemed distracted

Yesterday, Jacob met me for lunch, it’s been a long time.  As I waited for him, sitting in a booth by a window with the sun shining down, which has been absent for so long, I as usual, ended up watching people.
The table in front of me, had three people, a Mom, late teen daughter and dad.  The mom slender,  well dressed, coiffed, and made up, the dad, too had an air of affluence.  The daughter was a bit heavyset.  Both parents were on their phones as she sat and ate her meal.
Though we did not discuss it or make a point of what was going on, as we walked after lunch Jacob said, “that was awful to watch”, and he knew that I knew what he was talking about.  That fact actually made me quite sad.  I appreciate that my sons are  empathetic and aware, but at this point,  I know it’s a burden and even with the recognition, there’s very little that will change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home