Google

Thursday, March 30, 2006

A Town Called Malice

While walking through the dreaded Giant Eagle grocery store, and listening to Gus relay yet another entire episode of Family Guy, word for word, I heard much to my chagrin, the following line; "Stop dreaming of the quiet life cause it's one you'll never know" How did Paul Weller know my fate? A Town Called Malice by the Jam, one of the best most friendly songs ever and I was hearing it in the most incongruous environ. Here is this enormous and fully stocked though not with much stuff that I normally buy because needless to say I buy organic and mostly unprocessed foodstuffs, nightmare of a huge building that they made into a store, and in it I'm hearing the Jam who I listened to and loved and felt their message about fighting the town called malice and yet, here I was in the main venue of commerce in that o'l town and it sucked yet I got to sing a song I love and then deal with the one cashier that was open for three thousand customers . These are the moments that make it all possible and worthwhile, they are indeed like little reminders that their is an interior life beyond the borders of everyday bullshit and food shopping or trying to follow what Brian the dog did to the newscaster guy when he called him Benji on the episode that Gus was yammering on about, not that yammering is a bad thing but we like the word so it's part of our repitour around here, in this town called falice which is why I'm a teengagemom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home