Google

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Teenage assholitis

It's a horrible affliction and I have two teenagers but luckily only one of them has it right now.

Let me start at the beginning. I'm Abby O'Neill I have three sons 16,13,11 the two older boys are Jake and Gus, Jake's on his way to full blown assholitis, in fact I think it will extend into his adult years by the looks of it.
My blog is about me being a 43 year old mom who is on many levels a 13 or 14 year old, hence the name Imateenagemom. Now, I don't mean emotionally I do have that quadrant of maturity down and have since I was a toddler, it's my sensibility I'm talking about. I'm walking around living within the parameters of a restrictive adult paradigm. I listen to college radio as I was a DJ at WCSB radio station. That in itself in these I love the 80s if I'm over 40 world make it a stretch. I work in a library and have access to all the media that exists in space and time. I do not try and be hip or young, that is just a sad and scary thing to behold. I'm just really trying to reconcile an aging body and a mind that is still young and fun yet has to be a mother and pretend not to be horrified walking into any school function at which I immediately pick out the bullies, cliques nasty teachers and dogmatic administrators. Perhaps I'm fighting a loosing battle, but for now I'm fighting the man, and the urge to yell in a crowded room "this is all bullshit" ala
Fiona Apple at the Grammys (tm) ten years ago.
So, as I was saying I have three sons. Jack is 11, he's an old jewish comedian and has been since he started doing Vaudevillian song and dance numbers at the ripe old age of 4. Gus is for some odd twist of fate aptly named, he's a Gus he's smart and direct and right on the money most of the time and can help me, as my brain atrophies, to name a character or actor or recite a movie line or entire dialog if need be. Jake is the hound from hell or spawn of the devil if that didn't make me or my husband Eamon culpable. He is the child we all cluck our tongues at or murmur under our breath about when we're listening to the tales that are shared by a haggard pale and listless parent. Yes, he is my son. So, I'll share stories and eventually pictures because Gus will take them for me, upload them and we'll be able to spread our joy out to the three people who will read this periodically because I've mentioned it to them and they feel some odd sort of obligation to check it out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abby O'Neill said...

You rock lady.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home